EVERY DAY PEOPLE ARE STANDING UP TO PROTECT ANIMALS. HERE ARE SOME OF THE GOOD THINGS HAPPENING OUT THERE:
- 200 dogs found in puppy mills raid, here.
- The PACT Act was signed into a law! Read about it here.
- Maryland officially bans pet stores from selling dogs in puppy mills, here.
- House passes a bill that will make animal cruelty a federal crime, here and here.
- Lea Berman writes in “The Hill” on the vital need for the PACT Act, here.
- A second chance for Michael Vick’s 47 dogs, proof of what is possible through rescue and rehabilitation, here.
- E.P.A. says it will drastically reduce animal testing, here.
- USDA ends practice of deadly experiments on kittens, here.
- Undercover video offers gruesome look at Florida dogfighting ring, here.
- Internet puppy-buying scams are on the rise, according to the Better Business Bureau, here.
- Virginia governor signs “Tommie’s Law” making animal cruelty a felony offense, here.
- Governor Hogan signed a law banning Maryland pet stores from using puppy mills; store owners are pushing back, here.
- Woman arrested in dumping seven newborn puppies into Coachella dumpster, here.
- Authorities move to shut down national puppy laundering ring with ties to Chicago pet stores, here.
- You need to watch this video from the Humane Society of the United States. There are thousands of puppy mills across the country being supported by pet stores like Petland, the last national franchise that still sells dogs.